-  Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health with no infectious disease or any physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study, have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40 (Age limit is flexible for healthy applicants with certain work experience and high academic ability).

 -  Students who apply for English-taught programs (except for English native speakers) are required to reach internet-based TOEFL 90 or IELTS 6.5.


Documents for Application

  • 1. Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University pasted with a recent photograph (white background,35mm×45mmin size). Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first, then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system. Link:

  • 2. A photocopy of passport biographic page.

  • 3. Highest degree certificates (photocopy of original document or notarized copies) If applicants are 4th year university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.

  • 4. Academic transcripts during Bachelor’s degree study, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.

  • 5. Photocopies of English proficiency certificates (TOEFL or IELTS; Not required for English native speakers and applicants hold degree delivered in English).

  • 6. Personal statement in English including following sections:

    1Brief study and work experience
    2Reasons for application and expectation of the program
    3Master thesis research proposal/plan
    AppendixAdditional materials (i.e. evidence of awards, social activities or published academic papers, dissertations, …)

  • 7. Two recommendation letters in English with the referrer’s business card/contact phone number and email address.

  • 8. Remittance receipt of the application fee.

- The application package should be labeled 'PIEGL 2020'.
- Please sent scholarship materials (if any) together with application materials.
- The incomplete application materials or the application submitted by email will NOT be processed.
- Additional documents may be required when necessary.
- Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
- Applicants MUST post or submit all the following application materials (strictly in required order) to the Office in person or entrust others.
- address
In EnglishHUANG Xiaowen
Room 307A (Academic office), School of Management, Zhejiang University,
Zijingang Campus, 866 Yuhangtang Road, Hangzhou, China. Zip code: 310058
In Chinese中国•浙江省杭州市余杭塘路866号浙江大学紫金港校区管理学院行政楼307A,教学管理中心

  • Once paper-application documents are received, Admissions Committee will shortlist the candidates for the interview. Overseas candidates will be interviewed by Skype.

  • Interview invitation will be sent to the email provided in the application form.

The final university enrollment will be made on the basis of competitive selection according to the students’ academic performance, study plan and interview performance.
Master programs of Zhejiang University starts in early September every year (please refer to the Admission Notice Letter).
Please make sure all the mailed application documents arrive before the deadline.
Application for scholarships will be processed according to the schedules of different scholarships respectively.
Please note the winter break is from January 18th to February 21st 2020, during which there will be no real-time processing of your application.

Q: I am an engineering student; I am wondering whether my background is suitable for the PIEGL program?
A: PIEGL does not require applicants to have management/business background; we are happy to have students from multiple disciplianry backgrounds.

Q: According to the information from International Education College, it says 'to label the package as Application for Zhejiang University Scholarship 2020' and deliver to Room 418 International College Building Where exactly should I send a PIEGL application with scholarship?
A: Please send all documents to Room 307A (PIEGL academic office), School of Management. After PIEGL interview, program will shortlist students who is able to obtain a pre-admission letter to the International Education College of Zhejiang University.

Q: I am planning to apply to the CSC scholarship. Am I supposed to discuss my thesis proposal with a supervisor first before applying How can I obtain a pre-acceptance from School of Management professor?
A: According to PIEGL curriculum arrangement, you will not start to work on master thesis with a supervisor until the end of year one. Therefore the program is not able to issue any pre-acceptance letter from a professor. After the program interview, we will start to issue pre-admission letters.

Q: Do I need to provide IETLS or TOFEL if I my Bachelor degree program was delivered in English?
A: Students can be waived from English test score in this case. It is necessary to provide a letter from the institute to verify the Bachelor degree program is delivered in English.

Q: When can I have the result of admission?
A: Normally program will organize interviews during April to May. After all the interviews, program will issue the pre-admission notice or reject letter to all the interviewees, which is around early June.
   The university will send out final official admission notice (hard copy) with scholarship result in the end of July.

Q: Can I apply for single room on zi-jin-gang campus?
A: The university can only provide single room to PhD student. All master students will be accommodated in double room.

Q: Is Action Learning an internship?
A: No.
   Action learning is a 2-credit course. Students will be grouped up as a mini consulting team, and spend two months to work on a managerial project from a local company.